Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?



8/01/2017 7:47 am  #1


Things I don't like about this forum.

1. The order of the boards. The Politics board should be followed by the Soapbox, as those are the most popular boards. You have to scroll down to the Soapbox. They should be at the top of the forum. 

2. No 'like' feature.

3. There is no 'general chat' board separate from the 'general pleasant discussion' and 'Soapbox'.

4. The moderation is TOO lax with the allowing of racial slurs. I don't allow racial slurs on my forum.

5. That's all, I just like to end on an odd number.

 


What does the fox say? 
 

8/01/2017 7:59 am  #2


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

You missed the most obvious one: the lack of ignore! That's should be a standard, basic feature.

 

8/01/2017 8:19 am  #3


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

theauxphou wrote:

You missed the most obvious one: the lack of ignore! That's should be a standard, basic feature.

I actually did think of that one but chose to omit it.


What does the fox say? 
     Thread Starter
 

8/01/2017 8:52 am  #4


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

​Nobody is posting much for anyone to riff on, so format is rather moot.
 


“If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. ”  

- Michael Crichton
 

8/01/2017 12:30 pm  #5


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Heeeeey wrote:

1. The order of the boards. The Politics board should be followed by the Soapbox, as those are the most popular boards. You have to scroll down to the Soapbox. They should be at the top of the forum. 

2. No 'like' feature.

3. There is no 'general chat' board separate from the 'general pleasant discussion' and 'Soapbox'.

4. The moderation is TOO lax with the allowing of racial slurs. I don't allow racial slurs on my forum.

5. That's all, I just like to end on an odd number.

 

1. Soapbox is not 2nd most popular, it's 3rd. And you are complaining because it is three rows down the screen...? The horror!

2. What would that do?

3. There is a 'Request New Forums Here' board....

4. This is the most interesting point. There are many different types of slurs. I don't see one category of slur as being worse than another, so if I ban one category, such as racial slurs, then I have to ban all categories, such as gender, sexuality, religion, hair colour, height, weight, nationality, etc etc. I do not want to do that, because I will be here all night deleting stuff, and I do not want to be totalitarian like that. Plus, I thoroughly reject the growing momentum of the 'offended' crowd. The answer, in my view, is for the offended to grow a pair, not increase censorship.

Back to you ...

 

8/01/2017 4:54 pm  #6


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

What I do like:  The IMDB butt heads, ass holes and pricks are not here.

What I don't like:  The absence of Pork Pie Hat, Rosebud in Flames, Toy Cannon, Joseph Cotton and the Care Bear.

What I do like:  Flying Monkey Butt does not stiffle anyone.  He does allow everyone total freedom. 

 

8/01/2017 5:26 pm  #7


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

If you need an ignore button to post someplace maybe message boards aren't for you.
 

 

8/01/2017 5:35 pm  #8


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

 I have no complaints.  

 

8/01/2017 5:45 pm  #9


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Ayatollah wrote:

 I have no complaints.  

Yeah, this is more like a guys forum. Very barebones-like.
 


What does the fox say? 
     Thread Starter
 

8/01/2017 5:50 pm  #10


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

I like the set-up of the proboards better, as this one's a little harder to navigate.

 

8/01/2017 5:54 pm  #11


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Lilith wrote:

I like the set-up of the proboards better, as this one's a little harder to navigate.

It would be nice if Monkeys created a Proboards forum.
 


What does the fox say? 
     Thread Starter
 

8/01/2017 5:57 pm  #12


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Heeeeey wrote:

It would be nice if Monkeys created a Proboards forum.
 

I agree, then it would be easier to switch back and forth, plus they have better posting options. I still have yet to find the quote button here.

This forum also takes you to the main page when you log in, proboards logs you in where you logged in at so you don't have to stop and then go find the thread you were replying to again. Pain in the ass.

Last edited by Mythic (8/01/2017 5:59 pm)

 

8/01/2017 5:58 pm  #13


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Mythic wrote:

Heeeeey wrote:

It would be nice if Monkeys created a Proboards forum.
 

I agree, then it would be easier to switch back and forth, plus they have better posting options. I still have yet to find the quote button here.

The quote button is on the lower right-hand corner.


What does the fox say? 
     Thread Starter
 

8/01/2017 5:58 pm  #14


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Mythic wrote:

If you need an ignore button to post someplace maybe message boards aren't for you.

Because...? http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/images/smilies/puzzled.gif

 

8/01/2017 6:00 pm  #15


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Yeah i know where that one is, where is the one you can click within a post? I always have toi type quote surrounded by [].

Last edited by Mythic (8/01/2017 6:01 pm)

 

8/01/2017 6:22 pm  #16


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Something i've been wondering, why does books get its own category for 1 board, but not music or sex or outdoors? Wtf is that one board doing down there and not being listed with the others? I could see it if there were more than 1 board there.

 

8/01/2017 6:45 pm  #17


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Heeeeey wrote:

Ayatollah wrote:

 I have no complaints.  

Yeah, this is more like a guys forum. Very barebones-like.
 

I have one complaint, we need a Babes thread.
 

 

8/01/2017 6:54 pm  #18


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

Ayatollah wrote:

Heeeeey wrote:

Ayatollah wrote:

 I have no complaints.  

Yeah, this is more like a guys forum. Very barebones-like.
 

I have one complaint, we need a Babes thread.
 

​It's pretty empty over on Man Talk. We could start one there.
 


“If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. ”  

- Michael Crichton
 

8/01/2017 7:21 pm  #19


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

airborne3502 wrote:

Ayatollah wrote:

Heeeeey wrote:


Yeah, this is more like a guys forum. Very barebones-like.
 

I have one complaint, we need a Babes thread.
 

​It's pretty empty over on Man Talk. We could start one there.
 

what about a 'babies' thread and you men can share child birthing stories?


I'm cactus....
 

8/01/2017 7:26 pm  #20


Re: Things I don't like about this forum.

theauxphou wrote:

Because...? http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/images/smilies/puzzled.gif

It means you're a special interest loving elitist. They should be seeking profession help, not posting on message boards. Maybe some of you need to retake kindergarten to learn to get along with others. All of this trickles into your political positions.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum