Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/04/2017 12:54 pm  #1

Bring back . . . .

Philosophy/Religion forum, maybe combined into one if neither warrants enough attention on its own. A perfect opportunity for the exchange of ideas and cogitations on topics everyone can relate to or have questions about. Makes even more sense when one considers that some of the present forums are asinine, idiotic, and repetitious.

11/05/2017 8:27 am  #2

Re: Bring back . . . .

romarub wrote:

Philosophy/Religion forum, maybe combined into one if neither warrants enough attention on its own. A perfect opportunity for the exchange of ideas and cogitations on topics everyone can relate to or have questions about.

A Philosophy/Religion/Fantasy board is a good idea.

romarub wrote:

Makes even more sense when one considers that some of the present forums are asinine, idiotic, and repetitious.

Which ones?

11/05/2017 2:39 pm  #3

Which ones?

E.g. Halloween and Halloween food, Outraged and Soapbox, Insult People Here and Fight!!! Stir up trouble here, Shite (???), Spam (???).

Not only are many of these redundant, but some are just plain idiotic and juvenile. Such idiocy would never have appeared on the the old IMDb boards list. This site is definitely a step down since IMDb went away (and "v2" is even worse). Someone should seriously look at the board  offerings on this site and revise, eliminate or condense them. More is not necessarily better, especially if the excess is plain crap.

11/05/2017 2:48 pm  #4

romarub wrote:

Halloween and Halloween food

Was a request from another user.

romarub wrote:

Outraged

Seems highly topical in today's bullshit environment of so many people being outraged about stuff.

romarub wrote:

Soapbox

True, a hangover from IMDb.

romarub wrote:

Insult People Here

This was designed to get the stupid insulting threads off the politics board.

romarub wrote:

Fight!!! Stir up trouble here,

Just a bit of fun.

romarub wrote:

Shite (???)

See what's in there. It's where I dump shit threads.

romarub wrote:

Spam (???).

See what's in there. It's where I dump repetitive threads.

11/07/2017 1:23 am  #5

As I said, most of these boards are either repetitious, juvenile, idiotic, do not provoke or elicit meaningful discussion on significant issues (my opinion, of course) and, if anything, seem designed to attract the adolescent rather than the mature minded.  

Board footera