Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/30/2017 10:02 am  #1

Do ya'll celebrate Halloween where you are?

They don't so much around here anymore but I wish they would. I 💖 it when the weather changes and the spookiness of Halloween and all.

Please leave a contribution in the little box...xoxo rabbit

11/01/2017 12:22 am  #2

Re: Do ya'll celebrate Halloween where you are?

The weather changed around 12 noon when I went shopping for what I would have on Halloween.
A bone chilling breeze, followed by rain while I put the groceries in the car and on the way home.
When it came time to bring in the groceries, the rain really started coming down, it really sucked.

Little more than an hour passed before it stopped raining and the misfortune began.
First a report of a terrorist attack in New York, and then another water main broke
underneath the street, and not 5 minutes after that I got a phone call informing me
of identity theft. Then I set to work washing the dishes before the water went out
and began making Greek Salad for dinner using medium shell macaroni, etc.

Tried to watch a movie while eating dinner but the DVD player refused to work.
It wasn't until I had finished eating the last bite of dinner that the DVD player
suddenly worked again as if it were under some malicious supernatural spell.

So then I watched "Silence of the Lambs" on DVD because all the versions
on cable TV were censored in obnoxious ways. And then I had the popcorn
coke zero, junior mints, and reese's big cup candy.

I felt so much better, even though it is now 12 midnight and the water is still off.
When I went to have a look at the work progress down the block
I noticed that my next door neighbor had some misfortune as well
in the form of a broken refrigerator sitting on the curb.

Almost as if that hateful poltergeist and bringer of misfortune "Neakraw" had been
tearing up and down the block all evening long bringing supernatural disaster to all.

So be glad you didn't have your Halloween celebration practically ruined by demonic manifestations.

Nope, just kidding, but the misfortune was very much real.

"Without education and intellectualism there is no morality."

11/01/2017 11:13 am  #3

Re: Do ya'll celebrate Halloween where you are?

Yes, I live in one of those places where there are sidewalks and manicured lawns and people from other neighborhoods brings their kids to trick-or-treat. I give out regular sized snickers, milky way and three muskateers bars.

I have a realistic looking, life sized Grim Reaper complete with sickle, standing in a graveyard full of Styrofoam tombstones under blue lights on my front yard. I had a skeleton wearing a tattered white robe hanging on the front porch, also under a blue spotlight. 

​I took today off work to just to take the whole shebang down. 

Board footera