Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/17/2017 1:33 pm  #1

I guess the hornets were outraged

I climbed up on my roof day before yesterday to do some touch-up painting on one of the fascia boards. Suddenly a bunch of angry hornets were swarming all around and buzzing me. One of them hit my bare knee and stung me there. Luckily it's not a "painful" sting, just an itchy one. I have no idea what all the hornets were doing swarming around that spot where I had my ladder. I saw no evidence of a nest. Maybe they were just planning on building a nest there, and were in the process of "marking their territory"? I'll have to keep an eye on that spot and see what develops. I moved my ladder and put it way over on the other side of the house, laid down on the ground, just to be on the safe side.

Don't mess with me, man! I know karate, judo, ju-jitsu... and several other Japanese words.

8/18/2017 12:45 am  #2

Re: I guess the hornets were outraged

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

I climbed up on my roof day before yesterday to do some touch-up painting on one of the fascia boards. Suddenly a bunch of angry hornets were swarming all around and buzzing me. One of them hit my bare knee and stung me there. Luckily it's not a "painful" sting, just an itchy one. I have no idea what all the hornets were doing swarming around that spot where I had my ladder. I saw no evidence of a nest. Maybe they were just planning on building a nest there, and were in the process of "marking their territory"? I'll have to keep an eye on that spot and see what develops. I moved my ladder and put it way over on the other side of the house, laid down on the ground, just to be on the safe side.

I have wasps that like to make nests in the corners under the porch overhang. I kill them but they keep coming back. Could they be underneath the boards? I hope you feel better.

Last edited by softbunnywarmbunny (8/18/2017 5:11 am)

Please leave a contribution in the little box...xoxo rabbit

8/18/2017 1:51 am  #3

softbunnywarmbunny wrote:

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

I have was that like to make nests in the corners under the porch overhang. I kill them but they keep coming back. Could they be underneath the boards? I hope you feel better.

Thanks. My knee is pretty itchy, but at least the bite area isn't sore. lol

I went back out and checked the area today. There are only a few hornets buzzing around now. I don't know where the other ones went. I looked around for a nest under the overhanging eaves and whatnot, but found no sign of a nest - not even the start of one. I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime, I'm going to get up on the roof by means of the other side of the house, far away from where the hornets are.

Don't mess with me, man! I know karate, judo, ju-jitsu... and several other Japanese words.

8/18/2017 5:11 am  #4

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

I have was that like to make nests in the corners under the porch overhang. I kill them but they keep coming back. Could they be underneath the boards? I hope you feel better.

I went back out and checked the area today. There are only a few hornets buzzing around now. I don't know where the other ones went. I looked around for a nest under the overhanging eaves and whatnot, but found no sign of a nest - not even the start of one. I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime, I'm going to get up on the roof by means of the other side of the house, far away from where the hornets are.

No. Don't go up there. That's dangerous.

8/19/2017 3:37 pm  #5

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

You're right. I still need to finish some painting up there. But I'm just gonna' wait until September or even early October when it cools off and the hornets will probably have gone away by then.

8/21/2017 11:38 pm  #6

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

You're right. I still need to finish some painting up there. But I'm just gonna' wait until September or even early October when it cools off and the hornets will probably have gone away by then.

Yes. Don't go up there until it's cooler.

9/02/2017 1:35 pm  #7

Whoa! I would have been so scared

9/06/2017 3:42 am  #8

i was starting to get worried about you.

Board footera