Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/21/2017 10:07 pm  #1

ARRGGGH!!! Rams head into January without best kicker in the NFL

Greg Zuerlein, kicker for the LA Rams, is out for the season with a herniated disc.  The top scorer in the league, on the top-scoring team in the league (tied), who has hit 95% of his FGs this season, will not be with his team for the playoffs.

No biggie, right?  

Team Taylor  -  Taylor's Starbucks Lovers

12/22/2017 10:28 am  #2

Re: ARRGGGH!!! Rams head into January without best kicker in the NFL

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

Greg Zuerlein, kicker for the LA Rams, is out for the season with a herniated disc.  The top scorer in the league, on the top-scoring team in the league (tied), who has hit 95% of his FGs this season, will not be with his team for the playoffs.

No biggie, right?  

Yes, injuries really hurt the game. The Saints have 16 players on IR (injured reserve) lost for the season. They are not the same team without those guys.

12/24/2017 5:20 pm  #3

movieliker1 wrote:

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

No biggie, right?  

Yes, injuries really hurt the game. The Saints have 16 players on IR (injured reserve) lost for the season. They are not the same team without those guys.

That's true, and overall the Rams have been very fortunate on the injury front this season.  Still....

They won today and clinched their division, securing a playoff berth for the first time since '04.  It felt like an eeked out sort of win, though, not counting stellar performances from Todd Gurley and Cooper Kupp.  The kicking was an issue, of course, with missed PATs and FGs by some guy who was working at a brokerage firm last week - Fricken or Thicken or something like that.  I feel for the guy, tough spot to be in, but I'ma need some high percentage FGs and all extra points, thanks.

12/24/2017 6:24 pm  #4

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

movieliker1 wrote:

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

No biggie, right?  

That's true, and overall the Rams have been very fortunate on the injury front this season.  Still....

They won today and clinched their division, securing a playoff berth for the first time since '04.  It felt like an eeked out sort of win, though, not counting stellar performances from Todd Gurley and Cooper Kupp.  The kicking was an issue, of course, with missed PATs and FGs by some guy who was working at a brokerage firm last week - Fricken or Thicken or something like that.  I feel for the guy, tough spot to be in, but I'ma need some high percentage FGs and all extra points, thanks.

Congratulations to the Rams. You guys have a good team.

The Saints secured a playoff spot today. But since Tampa Bay couldn't beat the Panthers (they were winning with 50 seconds left) the Saints must win next week to secure a division championship.

12/25/2017 12:37 am  #5

movieliker1 wrote:

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

movieliker1 wrote:

The Saints secured a playoff spot today. But since Tampa Bay couldn't beat the Panthers (they were winning with 50 seconds left) the Saints must win next week to secure a division championship.

Yeah, that's a tight division race.  Do you guys have the tiebreaker advantage over Carolina?  Hopefully your team won't see any further injuries.  Good luck next week.

12/25/2017 2:41 am  #6

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

movieliker1 wrote:

Harold_of_Whoa wrote:

Yeah, that's a tight division race.  Do you guys have the tiebreaker advantage over Carolina?  Hopefully your team won't see any further injuries.  Good luck next week.

Yes, we swept Carolina this year.

Man, you are not kidding. 16 players on IR (injured reserve). I am surprised they can keep winning.

Thanks, same to you guys.

Board footera