Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2017 9:45 pm  #1

Hoarders living in a garbage dump...

I watched the whole episode. It had a mom who had several disabilities and would make excuses as to why she couldn't clean. She mainly blamed her kids for not helping. She was being forced to get the house clean or risk it being condemned. She kept saying that the just stopped taking the trash out and the daughter just threw stuff on the floor. She actually had custody of her kids and they were living in that filthy place. What I'm wondering is this. Are they all hoarders or what? How could they live like that? In pure filth with cockroaches everywhere. I mean. If the mom can't clean then surely her would kids could throw the stuff out. It just makes no sense to me. The mother got really ticked at the psychologist and didn't want her to be near her. The mom had to lie down on the bed because she was feeling sick and the cleaners were picking up the trash around her. After the house was cleaned she used the word "we" in describing the cleaning. As far as I know she didn't clean crap.

Please leave a contribution in the little box...xoxo rabbit

10/11/2017 3:04 am  #2

Re: Hoarders living in a garbage dump...

you really like to gross yourself out by watching these videos don't you? these people are sick and the shows exploit that by entertaining us. just like shows about fat people and drug addicts. it's sick. I stay away from those shows, those people exist, I have seen enough of them. 

10/12/2017 4:53 am  #3

Aren't there social services to help these people?

'Science and creationism don't exclude each other.' Heeyyy

10/12/2017 10:17 pm  #4

Jill McBain wrote:

Aren't there social services to help these people?

I don't think anything can be done unless they are a danger to themselves or others. It's usually an outsider who sees the mess who calls the authorities. That's usually the only way they will get help. I know that in one episode I watched...some guy came to their house and knocked on the door and the door came open and that's how he saw it.

Please leave a contribution in the little box...xoxo rabbit

10/13/2017 8:32 am  #5

how much time do you think we spend watching the product that comes out of that town? (movies television shows and even advertising)

Board footera