Ex-IMDb Members' Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/18/2017 1:43 pm  #1

I had a Duel incident with a semi truck...

We were on like a 70 mph lane. Well...I pulled over in front of him and that was a big mistake. He purposely sped up and got right on my tail. He was forcing me to go faster and faster and honking his horn. I was eventually able to get over to the right lane and he honked as he drove by. What a psycho and the cops wouldn't do anything. They said that I should've called when it happened. The one cop actually told me that I should've gotten the me of the company off of the truck and that the company could do more than them. Whatever.

Please leave a contribution in the little box...xoxo rabbit

9/18/2017 6:34 pm  #2

Re: I had a Duel incident with a semi truck...

Were you driving a Prius? Sometimes a Prius can be a trigger...

Don't mess with me, man! I know karate, judo, ju-jitsu... and several other Japanese words.

9/18/2017 7:05 pm  #3

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

No. But it was scary what that guy was doing. I felt violated. Why are Prius' targeted?

9/18/2017 7:43 pm  #4

softbunnywarmbunny wrote:

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

No. But it was scary what that guy was doing. I felt violated. Why are Prius' targeted?

I was just trying to be humorous, Bunny... But seriously, some truckers find Priuses really annoying, and don't like being stuck behind them.

Don't mess with me, man! I know karate, judo, ju-jitsu... and several other Japanese words.

9/18/2017 7:53 pm  #5

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

I was just trying to be humorous, Bunny... But seriously, some truckers find Priuses really annoying, and don't like being stuck behind them.

Those people on the other board are saying that I should've been driving faster in the left lane. I thought you had to obey the speed limit.

9/18/2017 8:11 pm  #6

I don't even mess with the left lane too much any more. I like to go fast, but I don't want to tempt fate and get a ticket, either. So I usually try to stay in the middle lane, or the right lane if there are only two lanes. And I guess I can appreciate the fact that truckers want to haul ass these days, so I just get out of their way if possible. Still, there's no reason you should've been harassed. That's not safe for anybody.

9/19/2017 2:20 pm  #7

How's your Russian boyfriend?

9/19/2017 3:01 pm  #8

Pistachio_Disguisey wrote:

I don't have a Russian boyfriend.

9/20/2017 4:43 am  #9

Then that Russian guy you met?

9/20/2017 8:56 pm  #10

At least you ain't hurt.   

9/21/2017 12:27 am  #11

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

I don't even mess with the left lane too much any more. I like to go fast, but I don't want to tempt fate and get a ticket, either. So I usually try to stay in the middle lane, or the right lane if there are only two lanes. And I guess I can appreciate the fact that truckers want to haul ass these days, so I just get out of their way if possible. Still, there's no reason you should've been harassed. That's not safe for anybody.

Yes. It was scary.

9/21/2017 12:27 am  #12

Then that Russian guy you met?

What about him? I haven't seen him since.

9/21/2017 12:28 am  #13

Talker wrote:

At least you ain't hurt.

You're sweet. Like a honey buttered biscuit.

9/21/2017 5:03 pm  #14

We were on like a 70 mph lane. Well...I pulled over in front of him and that was a big mistake. He purposely sped up and got right on my tail. He was forcing me to go faster and faster and honking his horn. I was eventually able to get over to the right lane and he honked as he drove by. What a psycho and the cops wouldn't do anything. They said that I should've called when it happened. The one cop actually told me that I should've gotten the me of the company off of the truck and that the company could do more than them. Whatever.

The left lane is for passing and fast traffic only (unless there are left turns which there are usually never on an interstate highway).

If you were in left lane, you should not be there unless you are passing or going fast. If that truck was on your bumper, you should just get out of the way and let it pass.

You have no right to complain about tailgating, if you are going slow in the left lane holding others up.

9/21/2017 8:03 pm  #15

movieliker1 wrote:

The left lane is for passing and fast traffic only (unless there are left turns which there are usually never on an interstate highway).

If you were in left lane, you should not be there unless you are passing or going fast. If that truck was on your bumper, you should just get out of the way and let it pass.

You have no right to complain about tailgating, if you are going slow in the left lane holding others up.

I was doing like 70 so no...I wasn't going slow.

9/22/2017 12:41 am  #16

movieliker1 wrote:

Well I am glad you were not going slow. But were you passing? And were there any vehicles in the middle or right lane? And what was the speed limit?

If the speed limit was 70, you are not supposed to be cruising in the fast lane just doing the speed limit. No one is really supposed to stay in the left lane unless they are continually passing others.

Last edited by movieliker1 (9/22/2017 2:02 am)

10/08/2017 9:47 pm  #17

Should have reported a "D9 In Progress", you would have had every cop within a 20 mile radius converge on the LIB truck driver.

10/08/2017 9:49 pm  #18

ZolotoyRetriever wrote:

Somebody took the time to make a "Why Prius Owners Are Hated" video on youtube.

Sissy LIBS are hated by everybody, including other sissy LIBS.

10/08/2017 9:51 pm  #19

movieliker1 wrote:

movieliker1 wrote:

Well I am glad you were not going slow. But were you passing? And were there any vehicles in the middle or right lane? And what was the speed limit?

If the speed limit was 70, you are not supposed to be cruising in the fast lane just doing the speed limit. No one is really supposed to stay in the left lane unless they are continually passing others.

Damn, it is like you are actually PROUD of being stupid.

Board footera